There are six basic steps in problem solving:
- Recognising and defining the problem.This is not always as easy as it sounds.People always hide the fact that they are struggling with their work.
- Analysing and clarifying the problem.Once you are aware of the problem ,the problem can be clarified.
- Reviewing alternative solutions.Once you know what the problem is and have an idea of why it has arisen.You need to identify various ways to solve the problem.
- Choosing a solution :The next step is often the hardest ,you have to make a decision and then communicate to all of those affected.
- Implementing the solution:Where some problems are concerned, this may require the assistance of others or even a strategy to ensure that your decision is implemented.
- Evaluating the decision:You should check to see that the problem has been solved.
This is clearly a lengthy process and is not appropriate for solving all problems.However it provides a structured approach of solving any problem.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.