The essential requirements for developing high quality athletes include:
- Coaching- without question, the quality of coaching and the athlete -coach relationship are the essential features of athlete development.No other single factor is as important.
- Athletes – having special talent,strong motivation and a willingness to work extremely hard are all characteristics of a successful l athlete.
- Facilities and equipment-A lack of access to appropriate facilities and equipment may be a limiting factor to sport development.
- Athlete support- If an athlete wishes to achieve reasonably high goals,an adequate support system must be created to provide that opportunity.
- Financial support-Raising money for training and competition purposes is an ongoing task.Governments usually have to provide the bulk of finances required by athletes.
- Administrative support-In order to develop a well organised training and competition programme,good planning and a fair degree of administrative support are required.
- Competition-Competition at the right level and frequency is essential for the development of athletes.Competition provides a focal point for training goals and an important motivation for daily training.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.